COVID-19: Your Clinic
Arkona Dental Clinic COVID-19 Safety Protocol and Guidelines
Protecting Our Team, Our Patients and Our Community
Our goal at Arkona Dental Clinic has always been to provide the best dental care in the safest possible environment for our dental team and patients. COVID-19 has challenged every industry, including dentistry. Our infection prevention standards have always been high, but COVID-19 has required the dental field to take a closer look at our daily protocols and revise them to maintain the high quality of infection prevention we have always employed.. We have reviewed and refined our infection prevention protocols in accordance with the Ministry of Health and both Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO). This document contains the safety measures, infection protocols and recommendations for our dental clinic.
COVID-19 CHANGES AT ARKONA DENTAL
To promote social distancing, Arkona Dental is:
- Prioritizing higher risk patients (immune-compromised, over 65 years old) with early appointments.
- Adjusting our daily schedule to minimize the number of patients in the reception area.
- Advising patients who are being accompanied, that their escort wait in the car. For children who need their guardian, we ask that only one guardian waits in the reception area.
- A “virtual” reception area may be utilized where patients can opt to wait in their vehicle or outside the office where they can be contacted by mobile phone when it is their turn to be treated.
- Reception chairs will be spaced 6 feet apart.
Safety measures taken:
- Staff training and implementation of COVID-19 infection control measures including hand hygiene protocol and personal protective equipment (PPE) use.
- Air purification system installation to disinfect the air, effectively eliminating 99.9% of airborne pathogens.
- Frequent wipe down of reception area, bathrooms, door handles, tables, light switches, computers, etc. with disinfectant.
- In addition to our normal day end cleaning procedures, an additional deep clean with a disinfecting fogging device will occur.
- Visual alerts at the entrance door advising people to not enter the clinic if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Alcohol-based hand rub, tissues and no-touch receptacles for disposal will be available in the clinic
- All clutter that is not easily disinfected (magazines, toys, rugs, etc.) will be removed from reception area and operatories.
- Physical partitions/sneeze guards are at the reception desk.
- All fabric surfaces have been removed and replaced with easily disinfected surfaces.
- All non-disposable medical equipment used for patient care will be cleaned and disinfected according to manufacturer’s instructions.
WE ARE CONFIDENT THAT THESE GUIDELINES WILL CREATE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL OF OUR PATIENTS AND TEAM MEMBERS. WE HOPE THAT YOU FEEL SECURE IN KNOWING ARKONA DENTAL IS DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN TO PROVIDE THE SAFEST CLINICAL CONDITIONS POSSIBLE.