COVID-19: your Appointment
Arkona Dental Clinic COVID-19 Safety Protocol and Guidelines
Protecting Our Team, Our Patients and Our Community
Our goal at Arkona Dental Clinic has always been to provide the best dental care in the safest possible environment for our dental team and patients. COVID-19 has challenged every industry, including dentistry. Our infection prevention standards have always been high, but COVID-19 has required the dental field to take a closer look at our daily protocols and revise them to maintain the high quality of infection prevention we have always employed.. We have reviewed and refined our infection prevention protocols in accordance with the Ministry of Health and both Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO). This document contains the safety measures, infection protocols and recommendations for our dental clinic.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR ARKONA DENTAL CLINIC APPOINTMENT
- Complete a COVID-19 screen over the phone (includes specific questions pertaining to COVID-19 risk). If you do not pass the COVID-19 screen, your appointment will be scheduled once your symptoms have resolved and you will be encouraged to call your family doctor or Tele-heath Ontario to further evaluate your symptoms.
- If you develop symptoms of a respiratory infection (i.e. new cough, sore throat, fever) on the day you are scheduled to be seen, call the clinic and reschedule your appointment.
When you arrive at the clinic, you will:
- Call the clinic from your vehicle to notify staff that you have arrived and a COVID-19 screen will be re-administered to ensure no changes in your health status since booking your appointment.
- Be encouraged to wear a face mask within the clinic. Please bring one from home if possible.
- Immediately use the hand sanitizer when entering the clinic.
- Complete COVID-19 screen if not done over the phone upon your arrival.
- Your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer by a team member
- Be escorted into an examination room.
- Be asked to rinse with a peroxyl mouth rinse before starting your appointment.
- Be encouraged to physically distance 2 metres when possible inside the clinic, except when receiving care.
During your appointment:
- Room doors will be kept closed, during aerosolized-generating procedures (AGP) (i.e. during fillings, cleanings, extractions, root canals, crown and bridge, implants).
- Special precautions, including PPE for your dental team will be followed during AGP.
After your appointment:
- You will be asked to wash or disinfect hands before leaving the operatory and clinic.
- As always, the Arkona Dental staff will assist you back to the reception area when leaving.